Green grass... part two...

art quilting

I decided to go with this old sketch as inspiration.

art quilting


So using the colours left in the scrap bag, time to add the applique elements...no wait...background first :)

Time is of the essence and I want this to be done quickly, so I have managed to stop myself from getting drawn into intensive stitching.
A comment left on a post from last week from Frances at frantastic-stich witchery led me to this post where I saw this stitch. I decided this project would be ideal to try it out. 

art quilting

A wavy line one way...

art quilting

...and back the other way.
I think I will be adding this one to my repetoire. I quilted this in about 3/4's of an hour!
Thanks Frances!
If you don't already know her blog then it is worth taking a look as it has great free motion stitching tips.

art quilting

Which way is up?

art quilting

Decisions, decisions!

art quilting

If you have noticed any gloopy bits then blame this old lady. Rosie has found that the best place to cool off after a bit of sunbathing, is in my shed, by my feet, under the sewing machine table!
(Now you know that this was done a week or so ago when there was a bit of sun around here. Not so at the moment. Nothing but rain, rain and more rain!!)

art quilting

Now I can add the appliqué!

art quilting

Comments

  1. I like your new idea, that will be a fun piece.
    I am like that, when I make art things, up or down can make a big difference;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts