Christmas Crafting


I have been making quilts for Christmas.


I have made about nine of them in a couple of days!


Okay, they only measure 2 x 3 inches.


I printed the design out from the computer (using my EQ7 programme) and got to work with some red paint.
After making each one into a mini quilt sandwich, I stitched with a variety of red, black or white thread. One was done by hand before turning to the machine to speed up the process.


It is interesting to see how many combinations I could come up with from the one basic design.
Have you made your own card this year?


Comments

  1. neat idea! fun with all the threads hanging off of one

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful idea for cards. I'm currently working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful! I particulary love the one with all the threads hanging; what a great design feature!
    I finished making my quilted cards yesterday. Last year I glued them onto cardstock, but this year I'm back to just making simple small quilts and writing with a fabric marker on the back. It seems like I should make more and more little quilts for each year, but you have to draw the line somewhere, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rich colors in the reds. I always say I am going to make fabric cards and never get a chance, so this year I can try making a few at a time so i have them for next year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching sets off those tiny minis so well. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I made cards last year. This year I'm working on stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are quite striking, n I love the "stringy" edging too ... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts