Quilt Blocks 1 and 2


As mentioned in my previous post I have pieced the first two blocks. I decided to go for the Red and the White and painted a strip of red in preparation.

quilt block
Asterisk Block

It surprised me how easy this one was to put together. I kept to the pattern and I didn't have to be too fussy and it still turned out okay.
quilt block
Hash Tag Block

The mental calculation I did when working out how much red I needed obviously went a bit awry but I have a plan!.
This block is called a Wonky Pound Sign in the Craftsy tutorial but I straightened it up and called it a Hash Tag Block.
quilt block

These are modern blocks as opposed to traditional blocks, but it is a start.
Stay tuned for the quilting!

If you want the instructions for making these blocks you can find them here.

hand painted fabric

Comments

  1. I really like blocks with an x or cross, something in my future to do list.
    I think the red and whites will look stunning in a quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts