Quilt Blocks Stitched!

quilt block

I think I am going to call this project the Alternative Trip around the Block/Blocks, or something like that.

quilt block

As you can see I decided to leave the white areas untouched on this block. I like the way the stitching flattens the red.

quilt block

I like the way the lines all criss-cross in the middle.

quilt block

Here it is with it's partner.

quilt block

My initial plan had been to do some free form handwriting in red saying #QuiltRoutes but decided it would be quicker and easier to just stick to the straight line stitching. And yes the use of red in the bobbin, even when stitching in the white areas was deliberate. I like the little red dots :)

quilt block

The Asterisk block is my favourite out of the two and if I ever did decide to make a whole quilt with this block it might look something like this!

red and white quilt

Stay tuned for the next block!

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide

art quilting

Comments

  1. That Asterisk block looks fantastic; I like the idea of not stitching the background but the pattern pieces. And about those little dots ... yes, I like them, too ;-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitching really makes the difference, and all together it will be a beautiful quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture the quilting gives the blocks. Looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts