Broken Spider Web Block

strip block

I was getting ahead of myself when I said that the next block in my A.T.A.B. was going to be English Paper Piecing because I was forgetting that the Craftsy Block of the Month classes usually demonstrated two blocks on each technique. So following on from the String Block, here is my version of the Broken Spider Web Block. 

strip block

I decided to use up a bit more of this and made each section of the block by zig-zagging each selvage down onto of the white fabric.

strip block

Once all four sections were completed they were trimmed to size...

strip block

and arranged as shown...


strip block

then stitched together.

strip block

The centre needed a lot of slack taken up as you can imagine so I pebble quilted with a white thread.
This gave the strip section an elevated effect that I like.

strip block

Here is a final shot taken inside my shed because the sun outside is far too bright to get a good photo!
Yes, that's right FAR TOO BRIGHT!! which is very unexpected but very welcome.
This good weather is supposed to be with us for about two weeks which for me means lots of fabric painting. This morning I have already completed a number of pieces that have dried very nicely outside :D
Hope the sun is shining on you too!

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide.

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. I loved this block on IG too. It is like a water colour with the fabrics you used. Just perfect springtime block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colourful and I have to second what Canadian Abroad says!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the prettiest spider web I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Deborah, te he conocido a través de una foto en Pinteret, y me he enamorado de tu obra y de tus técnicas, con tu permiso, me haré seguidora para seguir tus bellos trabajos y he creado en mi Pinterest un tablero con tu nombre, creo que debería de conocerte mucha gente. Un saludo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts