Stylized Landscape I

landscape quilting Qult Routes

This is the first of four long landscapes that I want to share.
Those who follow me in Instagram and Facebook (plug! plug! :D) will have already seen them but here is the first with a bit more detail.

landscape quilting

I just played with the fabric with no real plan in mind, apart from a general colour theme.

landscape quilting

I generally used scraps from other projects...

landscape quilting

...and bits and pieces I have been saving...plus some experimentation with the stitching.

landscape quilting Quilt Routes

I also played around different edge finishes.

landscape quilting Quilt Routes

Stay tuned for ll, lll, and lV.

Quilt Routes

Comments

  1. I really like this piece and like how I see depth in it. I'll look forward to the next 3 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much going on with your fabric choices and it says so much as an art piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is looking beautiful! It is my dream to one day be able to make beautiful pieces like these ! I just don't know where to start! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really studied this piece as it is so interesting on so many levels: from the fabrics to the shapes to the landscape theme to the quiltling--so much caught my eye and held my attention. This is so beautiful as well, in aggregate, as it suggests an early morning pastoral scene, the fog just lifting from the land, revealing its hunks and colors.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Elizabeth
    www.opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts