How long.....

...does it take to get used to a new sewing machine?

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

I purchased my Janome 1600P Professional back in October, so it is not that new, but I still feel that I am getting used to it.

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

It is a big beast of a machine but it is powerful and it is FAST!
It has no fancy stitches, not even a zig zag. It is a work horse and I intend to work it!

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

I have to confess that I got a bit carried away with the speed of it while making this piece and I ending up snapping a needle that got jammed in the works. That mucked up the timing and I had to get it sorted at our local repair shop. Totally my fault and I have learnt my lesson.

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

So it was back to my old faithful, which for those who are interested is a Janome 4800 Memory Craft. It is at least 15 years old and has never given me any trouble which is why I was happy to go with a Janome machine again.

Thanks for reading (and thanks to Debs Nixon for her machine recommendation)

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. I bought one of those used about 3 years ago, and it was so intimidating to me at first. It took a while to get used to it, but I love it now. It sews through anything, is so powerful, and fast! I actually use it on the slowest speed most of the time still, which is still plenty fast for me. I also have the walking foot but haven't tried it out yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my sewing machine for a couple years now. It does fancy stitches but I haven't played with many of them. So I guess you can say I'm still getting used to it. And I did the very same thing you did with stitching too fast, using a walking foot, and jammed the needle up. It was in the shop for two weeks before I got it back!! and the repair wasn't cheap, but they did give it a thorough physical since I hadn't had it in for a maintenance check since I bought it. I learned a lesson on speed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts