Embroidered Hare Quilt

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

It began last year as a project to stitch in the evenings. A slow project.
It began as a rough sketch by me, which was turned into something more special by my illustrator daughter.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

I shared progress shots over on Instagram.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

I had drawn the design onto a piece of hand painted sky fabric and used Lana wool to do the stitching.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

The surrounding area was stitched in embroidery floss. ...which took a while to complete.
Once done I wasn't entirely sure what to do next so it languished for a while but finally last week I decided to mount it onto another quilt background.

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

Seeing it from the side gives a better view I think.
Embroidered Hare by Quilt Routes

And here is it's full frontal!

Thanks for reading!

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. Beautiful piece and love the hand work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is amazing and I am most impressed with your background stitching. It really enhances the hare. Must have taken forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts